Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Custom polish - Fairway green

I have another custom polish for you today.  Again I don't want to call this a franken, because it's not actually made from the parts of any other polishes, it's made from all new ingredients.  

As you can see, this is a strongly pigmented rich green holo.  I wore this for a couple of days last week and it really was rather spectacular.  Because it's not your everyday colour I got so many comments on it!  I also played a round of golf on friday at our corporate golf day and my boss even asked if I specifically put on this green polish because I was playing golf.  Because of that, I've called this one "Fairway Green"







I made this polish using the new polish tints I got with the suspension base.  It was only when I was making this polish that I actually realised how awesome these tints are.  You see I got seven tint bottles:
  • Black
  • White
  • Red 6 (orange red)
  • Red 7 (crimson red)
  • Red 34 (magenta)
  • Blue 1 (light green based blue)
  • Ferric Ferrocyanide (dark blue)
  • Yellow 10 (canary yellow)
  • Yellow 5 (golden yellow)
So what's so good about them?, well you just need to take a look at the bottom of a bottle of polish. Take this bottle of China Glaze LOL for example.

The important colour information is listed at the bottom.  The color in LOL is made using a combination of Ferric Ferrocyanide and Red 34.  I just need to keep tweaking the quantities of each one until I get the polish colour to match!!


The Fairway Green polish above was made using Ferric Ferrocyanide, Yellow 10, spectraflair 1500-35 and suspension base. 

I can't express how much fun I have playing mad scientist with all this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment