Monday, January 2, 2012

OPI I Lily love you over black

At the end of November I saw a swatch of OPI I Lily Love You over very dark purple on Shatter me Claire's blog.  I hadn't realised until then what an amazing flakie and irridesent glitter polish this was.  I'd seen swatches of it on it's own, but it really grabbed my attention over the dark colour.  So because of her blog post, off I went and grabbed this polish.

The base to I Lily Love You is a really sheer pink jelly.  I don't think you would be able to get it opaque on it's own.  Here is two coats, layers over a black base. 


The particles in this are so varied and complex.  There are irregular shaped pieces in various colours,  smaller square pieces, and even smaller round glitters.  All of the glitters and flakes are iridescent and really pop over a dark base
.





Thanks to your blog post Sarah Claire, I now have this beautiful polish.

Do you have I Lily Love You?  And have your tried it over a dark colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment