Thursday, April 12, 2012

Holographic Butterflies

Every now and then I create a bit of nail art where I even blow myself away with how well it turned out.  I know I sound like I've got a big head right now, but can I just say, damn I did a good job of this and it turned out so much better than I thought it would.


So these are my pretty multi-coloured butterfly nails.


The thumb is a wing that is pink and yellow, the index finger is turquoise and green, the middle finger is light and dark blue, the pinky is magenta and purple, and the ring finger is a combo of all the little butterflies.



These aren't water decals, these are something different, but totally perfect for images over the whole nail. These are completely made at home, which means you can make any colour combination that you can imagine, and not just butterflies.  I think what makes these look so pretty is that they are layered over Layla Mercury Twilight - an awesome silver linear holographic polish.



So I'm guessing you all want a tutorial on how to do these nails?  Well you see I didn't expect them to turn out so well, so I didn't take any progress photos or anything.  So how about this weekend I put together a tutorial about what product I used, where you can get it and how to do it?  

Or am I being too full of myself and it's really not that great and your not interested?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment