Saturday, May 14, 2011

AVON Colour Morphing top coat

When I started my re-obsession with polish a year or two ago, my sweet mum pulled a couple of polishes out from an old makeup bag and said, you may as well have these old polishes, I know there are some nice ones among them.

One polish she gave me was an AVON polish called Colour Morphing Top Coat.  I kept looking at it in the bottle thinking, yeah that's a nice orange shimmer top coat, I'll have to try it out soon.  Two years later I have put it on and HOLY CRAP.

I was so excited about the effect, I kept shoving my nails under mums nose saying; 'look at this, look at all the colours'.  Of course her reply was, 'I know darling, I told you there were some nice polishes in there'

I've tried googling it to find out more about it, but can't really find anything at all.  It's either a UK or Australian release because of the spelling of 'colour' on the bottle. 

It is a milky clear top coat with an amazing colour shifting shimmer in it, which goes from golden bronze to bright green.  The shimmer particles are nice and dense.  This was one coat of the top coat over black.

This photo you can see the start of the green shift.

And it gets greener as I stand and spin in circles.

Now my nails look like the emerald city.

Then it shifts darker and starts showing blue.

Sorry about the sun reflections, but here you can see blue.

How freaking awesome is this.  I can't wait to try it over other colours.  There must be others out there with this polish.  Anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment