Monday, May 2, 2011

GOSH, is it really worth all the hype?

I caved.

I did it.

I got Gosh Holographic off ebay.

I paid 16 pounds + 4 pounds postage, which is about $30 Aussie Dollars.  It is the most I have ever paid for a single bottle of polish.  And to tell you the truth, I'm feeling polish shame.  I wonder now, that it may just not have been worth it and think I should have put that $30 toward half a bottle of 230!

I wore my Gosh Holographic mani out last Friday.  Yeah , it was pretty but...  application was a bitch and I don't like her.  She reminds me of one of those pretty bitchy girls from school!  Wear was the worst out of all my holos, this picture had only been on my fingers while I slept, and yet there was flakey tip wear already.  I used Nfu Oh Aqua Base, two coats of Gosh and one top coat.  I should have done a holo sandwich me thinks.


The other thing that is so different with this polish compared to Nfu Oh holographics, is that this doesn't look holo in the bottle at all.  Nfu Oh holos look spectacular in the bottle, this just looks like a matte grey colour. 

Once it dries on the nail though, it is just as expected.  I freaked a little after applying my top coat, cause the holo totally disappears and it looks like the bottle finish. But after the top coat dries it goes back to the original holoie goodness.  My personal experience with all holos is that a top coat doesn't dull the holo effect.

I'll pull out my Nfu Oh 61 and do a comparison swatch as soon as the rain leaves and the sun is out.

Hummm, Gosh Holographic you minxy wench. 

Whats the most you have ever spent on a polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment