Friday, September 21, 2012

Footy Fever - Hawthorn Hawks

I'm not a huge follower of the AFL (Australian Football League), it drives me crazy to watch cause it seems so fast and clumsy.  But the AFL is a hugely popular game in every state and my boss at work is a avid Hawthorn follower.

As Hawthorn are playing in the semi finals tomorrow, I promised my boss I would do some themed nails for him.  He even worn his Hawthorn tie today at work - we matched nicely.  

Sorry to my lovely Adelaide friends out there, I know the Hawks are playing the Crows, but if my Canberra Raiders footy fever nails from last week have set any precedent,  then the Hawks will be in stall for a fair arse whooping.

For this mani I did two coats of Ulta 3 Honolulu but found it was too pastel and pretty looking.  The perfect colour was straight yellow 5 tinter from Beauty World.  It's such a sheer jelly, but it has a very intense colour.  I then taped off the vertical lines and did the stripes using Picture Polish demeter.  The Hawks logo is a homemade custom water decal.





The design is based on the brown and gold jersys shown above.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment