Sunday, September 30, 2012

Horror Movie "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge"

We don't really get into Halloween here in Australia, but when the idea of a Halloween Nail Art Challenge came up on our Aussie Nails Facebook group - and I saw that the challenge wasn't every day, but spaced out over the month of October in the lead up to Halloween, I thought this was just the right fun sort of thing to try out for my first nail art challenge.

The theme for 1 October is Horror Movies, and no prizes for guessing which movie I'm depicting here!  

I was going to do the Scream mask on all my nails, but I really wanted to do drippy blood nails.  I also wanted to do blood coming from the cuticle edge, rather than on the tips like it is usually seen with this sort of art.  I figured it's more likely that your fingers would bleed from the cuticles rather than the free edge - unless of course you have some real weird demon shit going on!




I was really happy how my mask turned out.  I just free hand painted it onto my finger with white polish.  When that had dried I added the mouth, eyes and nose.  Of course macro doesn't do it any favours, but at normal distance it looked great!

I used OPI Don't Pretzel my Bottons as the base colour under the blood, and the blood drips were made using Mirenesse Berry Boa, with highlights using Ulta3 Fire Truck.

Here is the line up for the rest of the challenge.  Feel free to join in and add your link to the inlinks below.


No comments:

Post a Comment