Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nubar Fire Sparkle

Red week continues (albeit a little late today) with Nubar Fire Sparkle.

I've had this polish for a while.  It's amazingly sparkly, which as any blogger would know, is incredibly hard to capture in photos.  These Nubar Sparkles have so much glitter in them that you can almost get away with one coat!  This was two coats, with a very generous layer of Seche Vite (to start with).


The above picture was taken indoors, next to the window with natural light.  Below taken in the sun.


I have read on someone else's blog,  where they called these Nubar sparkles, 'thirsty' polishes.  I think that is such a great description for them.  

The above photos were all taken very soon after applying my thick layer of Seche Vite, and as you can see below, that top coat is drying fast and being drunk up by the polish.  These polishes end up looking rough very quickly. 


I tried and tried to get a finished glassy top coat look, I think I ended up with 7 layers of top coat!  It just kept soaking it up.  It's really weird.  I've never experienced this with another glitter polish.  

I bought these after seeing amazing swatches and reviews on Scrangie's blog, but I'm sure she must photograph some things while they are still wet.  Without that glassy finish they look kinda matte, which is weird too.  The sparkle in these is awesome, but like all glitters, a biotch to remove.

Do you have any of the Nubar sparkle polishes?  Are yours thirsty too?

No comments:

Post a Comment