Monday, July 4, 2011

Yes - a holographic multichrome

I want to take all the credit for this one. I really, really do. But it was mum who said to me, "what if you added some of that powder to one of your multi-chrome polishes?".  "Are you serious", I thought. "Mess with a precious multi-chrome".

I sat there at my table, with my bottle of Ozotic 505 and decanted it into a mini bottle.  I grabbed my tiny baggie of Spectraflair and carefully opened the zip lock seal.  A small puff of the powder released into the air and I sat there feeling like Hermione Granger (I'm a chick, I can't be Harry) about to mix some amazing concoction in a black cauldron. 

I used my custom measuring device (my cut plastic straw) to gently scoop out some Spectraflair and moved it slowly to the rim of the bottle.  I could feel a ginormous sneeze coming so quickly dropped the magical silver power into the bottle and screwed the lid on tight.

I shut my eyes as I shook the bottle.   Did I just ruin 5ml of Ozotic 505?  The bottle still looked good, but what would it be like on the nail?  I quickly slapped on a black base and applied two coats of my new franken polish.  I ran to the nearest window, but it was dark and stormy outside.  I stood there for five minutes and suddenly a crash of lighting came shooting from the sky, hit my nails and blinded me (alright, maybe I made that bit up), but what did happen is what you see below.


In full sun you really see the holographic magic.  But indoors and in the shade you still see the awesomeness that is Ozotic 505, being aqua green shifting to purple and almost pinky maroon.


I took a heap of pictures of this, just to try and capture the awesome crazy colour shifting multi-chromey goodness.




The above photos show the aqua green multi-chrome shift, which makes it look like a green holo.  But below you can really see the purple, which makes it look like a purple holo.


Below, the multichrome shifts to almost red, but still with the holo.
 

This next photo shows the two nails looking different colours, the left one is much more blue, and the right one purple, yet both still super holographic.


So there you have it.  My favourite franken ever, combining my two favourite sorts of nail polish finish, holographic and multichrome.  Any suggestions for a name for this franken?

No comments:

Post a Comment