Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aquamum - Spectraflair franken

Here is my teal franken, which I'm actually calling aqua now, cause it really isn't teal at all (and it was much easier to come up with a corny name for it using 'aqua' rather than 'teal').  Sorry Kejal, I'm way off on the colour with this one. 

But even though I'm way off the proposed 'teal' colour, I pretty much managed to dupe Ozotic 515. 

So here is my Aquamum franken, or for you US ladies Aquamom.



Below is a quick swatch I have thrown in of Ozotic 515.  See how the colours are almost identical.  The holo effect in my franken looks a little less holoie than the Ozotic, but for ladies who live outside Australia, maybe a franken like this might just curb your lemming for the too hard and expensive to get Ozotics.


Ok, back to my franken pics now.




Recipe, using a 5ml bottle (so multiple for a bigger bottle)
  • 8 drops of Kleancolor Metallic Aqua
  • fill the remainder of the bottle with clear.
  • 3 incy wincy straw spoonfuls of Spectraflair coarse grade
Now, just a quick word about the colour morphing powders and spectraflair stuff.

I wanted to thank so many of you sweet ladies. I’ve read some really lovely comments on various forums/boards and in the many hundreds of emails I have received in the last month or two.  So many of you have recognised the huge amount of work it has taken for me to take on this whole colour morphing and spectraflair business.

But there are always haters, those who think I’m trying to rip people off and make a squillion dollars in the process.  There have been some telling me they can source Spectraflair and on-sell it at a cheaper price.  Others that have jumped on the colour morphing powder bandwagon and will now be selling it too.  You know what? I don’t care. Knock yourself out! Do you really think I’m in it for the money?

I know I’ve done a good job.  I have provided people with a quality product, packaged in a convenient and usable way.  I kept postage as cheap as I could.  I processed orders as quick as possible (especially given the length of time it took for me to receive the products).  I’ve aimed to keep everyone informed and updated.  

In calculating my costs, I’ve had to factor in powder/spectraflair costs, shipping costs to Australia, plastic containers and stationary (paper, envelopes, tape and mini zip lock bags).  So I can sell spectraflair at $15/gram, I made a bulk purchase (costing thousands of dollars) using my own money, which will only be recouped once I sell at least 85% of it.

I’ve spent hours manually completing customs declarations to post 90% of my orders internationally.  Many, many more hours manually measuring and weighing each individual container to ensure you get what you’ve paid for.  In total I have packaged more than 650 individual containers with either colour morphing powder or spectraflair.  It’s taken a lot of work, but 99% of you appreciate that, which makes it all worth it.

So again, thank you all the lovely people who’ve recognised my efforts.  MWAH to you!  And a big fat up yours to the haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment