Monday, September 12, 2011

Unobtainium - Spectraflair franken

When I randomly asked if there were any holo franken colours you wanted to see, Kejal suggested teal or grey.  I have created a teal one and will post that tomorrow, cause I want to let you all recover from Kristy's amazing Terrific Teal franken first.

So here is they grey franken I created.  I have called this "Unobtainium".  If you saw Avatar you will know what I'm talking about.  To me, this is what unobtainium would look like.  A steely metallic metal with precious and rare crystals sparkling through.  Corny? Yes. Cool? Absolutely!






I was so happy with how this turned out.  Particularly that it looked like it was meant to be a grey holo, not a black holo that had too much spectraflair added to it.

Here is the recipe, using a 5ml bottle (so multiple for a bigger bottle)
  • 8 drops of Kleancolor Metallic Black
  • fill the remainder of the bottle with clear.
  • 3 incy wincy straw spoonfuls of Spectraflair coarse grade 
I have the teal one to show tomorrow, and another brighter blue one.  I'm also going to try (third time lucky) to make another white holo.  I promise I will share it this time, whether it be good or bad.

I've also had requests for a dark green one - although I don't own many dark green polishes to use as a starting point, so I'm not too sure how it will do that!

I also have done a plain silver one, just to see how it compared to Ozotic 509.

So stay tuned if you like the spectraflair frankens.

No comments:

Post a Comment