Monday, September 12, 2011

Houzii's Armour - Spectrflair Franken

I tried, I really did.  I was trying to make the perfect red holo.  I don't even know if it's possible to create a polish like Ozotic 518 using spectraflair.  Even though 518 is still kinda pink, it's way more red than I was able to create.  The silvery finish of the spectraflair seems to make the red polish pink every time. 

Even though this is a pink red, it's still rather gorgeous.  I called this one "Houzii's Armour".  I named this polish for my sweet sister in law, who fell in love with this polish the instant she saw it.  So much so, that I frankened her up her own bottle the very next day.  So while the name wont really make sense to anyone else, it makes sense to my family and to her!

Again I struggled to capture all the holoiness of this polish, but it is there and it is beautiful.






Here is the recipe, using a 5ml bottle (so multiple for a bigger bottle)
  • 3/4 of a bottle of Ulta3 Fire Truck - I went through my swatch sticks and chose this colour cause it was my reddest red, and a slightly jelly finish.
  • 10 drops of Kleancolor Metallic red
  • fill the remainder of the bottle with clear.
  • 3 incy wincy straw spoonfuls of Spectraflair coarse grade
I'm throwing out a challenge to everyone who has bought some spectraflair.  When it arrives, please try make a red holo and let me know if you succeed.  Post a link to it on your blog or send me a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment