Friday, September 9, 2011

Crystallized pumpkin - Spectraflair franken

I don't think I've ever seen an orange holo, so I thought I would have to try it.  

Today's creation I've called 'Crystallized Pumpkin" and again I'm really happy with it.  In fact I think frankening with Spectraflair is one of the easiest ways to franken, and you almost always end up with a good result.  Just remember to dilute any cream polishes down with clear and you really can't go wrong.  I've only ever created two total franken fails (which I emptied into a plastic bag, let dry and tossed out). Both of them were attempts to create a white holo.  I'm still determined to make one though.

Anyway, back to Crystallized Pumpkin.  I think this would be a great Halloween mani, even though we here in Australia don't really get into the whole Halloween thing.  Although I have to say I kinda wish we did.  I've always been one who'll happily dress up for an occasion, and with two littlies, I reckon it would be load of fun.







Here is the recipe, using a 5ml bottle (so multiple for a bigger bottle)
  • 10 drops of Kleancolor metallic mango
  • 2 drops of Kleancolor metallic yellow
  • 4 drops of Kleancolor metallic orange
  • fill the remainder of the bottle with clear.
  • 3 incy wincy straw spoonfuls of Spectraflair coarse grade
Yep, I know, I used the Kleancolor metallics again.  But when you're on a good thing, why change it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment