Saturday, June 2, 2012

Purple holo gradient

Kristy got in first yesterday and requested a purple holo gradient, and it also seemed to be a popular choice from all the comments I received, so I am very happy to show my my purple holo gradient.

This is actually my second attempt at doing a purple holo gradient. I learned last night that not all holo polishes are created equal when it comes to using them for gradient manis.  My first effort started with a base of Ozotic 509, the silver holo.  I then tried sponging on Ludurana Supremo as the mid shade and Hits Dionisio as the dark shade.  

After three sponge applications of the colours, I could barely see the colour change on my nails at all.  By that stage my nails were getting thick and sticky and I didn't want to be wasting much more of my little Hits bottle trying to get a more saturated colour.  I don't know why those polishes didn't sponge very well, as they seem quite saturated in the bottle and as a regular mani.

After my failed first attempt, I pulled out some polishes that I knew would work perfectly, the China Glaze OMG collection. 

I did a base with OMG, the mid shade is IDK and the dark shade is LOL.

This time, whoa -  I love how all the tiny linear holo particles line up.




Had enough holo gradients yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment