Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lynnderella - Boy Girl Party

Here is Lynnderella Boy-Girl Party.  This one is such an interesting surprise of a polish.  

Looking at the bottle, with it's mix of what looks like pink and blue glitters, I had no idea what to layer this over.  Should I have this Boy-Girl party at a girls house and layer it over pink, or have it at the boys house and layer it over blue.  In the end I thought it best to hold this party at a neutral location (over black) so it didn't get too out of control  ;)

The reality is, this isn't just a mix of pink and blue glitter.  This polish has red, fuchsia, pink, turquoise, blue and royal blue squares, diamonds and multi-sized hexes. Holy Bejeezus there is a lot going on in this polish.

Lynnderella herself notes that this polish has an overall fuchsia tone that is more than a sum or its parts.  Man she is so spot on there.  Up close you can see all the individual colours, but at a distance the overall tone is definitely fuchsia pink.  What did those girls get up to at this party!



For this mani, I wore two coats for Boy-Girl Party layered over a black base.  I wanted a really glassy finish on this, so I finished with one coat of glitter tamer, one of gelous and one of Seche Vite.  My nails really did look like shining little gems beneath a glass cabochon.




Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment