Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day - When I think of romance...

OK, I know this is a little corny, but when I think of romance, I think of a destination like this.  Walking along the beach at sunset with my husband.  It's kind of nothing like my life in reality at the moment.  With a three year old and a one year old racing around, there isn't any opportunities for romantic destinations like this!

For this design I sponged on the blue (Picture Polish Bombshell), then the orange (Picture Polish Citrus), then the yellow (Ulta3 Frangipani).  I had to do a bit of alternating back and forth with colours to try to get it to look ok.  I'm not really that good with sponging and getting a nice blend of colours, but the end look was acceptable.  The sponging on my right had was sooooo much worse, but one never shows their non-dominant painted hand - ok.

Next I applied some homemade decals for the palm trees and the couple walking.  Then I painted a yellow sun using Ulta3 Citrus and finally I painted a freehand black french tip.


I had a huge amount of trouble getting my cuticles clean from sponging with the blue polish.  I'm sorry about that!





Here is a photo I took the next day, after I had been able to clean my cuticles a bit more.


Only one more Valentine's Day nail art to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment