Sunday, February 12, 2012

My first jelly sandwich - Valentine edition

Hello my lovelies.  Damn it.  Now I have that stuck in my head. There is a stupid ad on TV here for 5 Seeds cider (which is bloody nice by the way) and this guy at end says 'Hello my lovelies' to the two twin girls riding a tandem bike who are delivering the cider.  Their blonde hair in plaits, but their faces are edited so they are actually bearded men.  All kinds of weird for me!  (Geez, I really should have got paid for that product placement!)

I digressed, Ok check out this little bit of squishy and lovey goodness.  This was my first attempt at a glitter jelly sandwich and I really love the final look.

I really don't own any commercially available jelly polishes, so like usual when I don't have something, I make it up for myself.  I made this jelly polish up using 97% clear suspension base, and 3% Red 7 Tint.  I did one layer of the jelly, then one and a bit coats of Nabi Heart Glitter.  It was really one coat, but then I dabbed with extra hearts to fill it up till I liked the effect.  I then layered two more coats of my jelly polish and one coat of Seche Vite.

The Nabi glitter has heart glitter in three colours, pink, silver and blue.  What I love about this jelly sandwich is that the pink hearts went hot pink, the silver ones went pink and the blue ones went purple.





You should see the monstrosity of a nail art creation I have put on today and will post tomorrow.  It really is worth coming back to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment