Sunday, October 9, 2011

Colour Morphing franken fail

G'day everyone.  

I'm only sharing this polish with you today so that you don't do the same!  Save your precious colour morphing powders and multichrome polishes, cause this one is a fair balls up!

Because I was able to create such an awesome polish when I mixed spectraflair with Ozotic 505, I wondered if I could create something as equally awesome by adding some colour morphing powder.  Buzzzzz Wrong!

Ozotic 505 has an turquoise green base that shifts to purple.  I chose to add the Gold to Green powder (cause that is all I actually have in stock at the moment)  I hoped it would still have the turquoise base, but with little golden sparkles over the top, then on the shift it would turn purple with little green sparkles over the top. 

Maybe I added way to much gold/green powder or maybe the two shifting colours just clashed?  I dunno, but either way it's an EPIC FAIL.


See, you can't really see the turquoise base anymore.


It still shifts to purple, sort of.


But the purple shift is interspersed with green flecks.





Up close like the last picture, it looks kinda ok, but most of the time it just looked BLAH!

Luckly I only mixed up half a 5 ml bottle, so only about 2.5ml.  And at least Ozotic 505 is a polish I have plenty of, and easy access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment