Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bats - "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge"

Bats - when we say bats at our house it means only one thing - these sorts of bats!  Did I nail the brief for today's challenge? (and yes, the pun was totally intended).

For my real Bat Halloween Challenge mani, I created a swarm of bats flying closer to you.

I used Kleancolor Metallic Orange for the base and then sponged on a black tip and ensured I left the spongey edge rough to give the effect of tiny bats.  I then used various sized bat stamps from the Bundle Monster plates. BM305 for the littlest ones and  BM213 for the larger ones, making the bats get bigger and bigger up the nail.

I based this design off a tutorial on YouTube, although her's are done completely free-hand where I have used stamps.





I was really happy with this design, although I'm not entirely sure why I chose to do an orange background again - I should have done some sort of night sky.  Sometimes its hard to get away from the traditional Halloween colours when doing nail art.

Gradient nails are up next, and while I love doing gradients, I have absolutely no idea what to create to make it halloween themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment