Monday, October 8, 2012

Ghosts "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge"

The theme for today in the Halloween Nail Art Challenge is Ghosts, and I've had a real hard time coming up with something I like.

I originally did Pacman ghosts but I really wasn't happy with them, and I've since seen many more from this challenge that were way better than mine. I was then looking through google images to see if I could get some ghostly inspiration, but all that popped up were black nails with white ghosts.  I love black nails with white ghosts, but I wanted to try something a little more unique.

Then I found a great image which had floating ghosts in a blue background and I knew it would be perfect for some temporary tattoo nail art.

I used a base of Layla Mercury Twilight and put the tattoos over the top, then filed the loose edges off.  Topped with a coat of Seche Vite to seal it all in and make it shiny.

What I loved most about these is that indoors when you look at them closely, you can see the little ghosts, but in sunlight when the holo flare shines through, it looks more like a blue holo water marble.  I also love that it doesn't look weirdly halloween, but more of abstract swirls.








I promise I wont cheat and use temporary tattoo paper for the next theme, I'll do something freehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment