Monday, October 15, 2012

Zombies "This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge"

This was fun!

I spotted this image on google images and knew exactly what I wanted to do for todays theme in the challenge. Here are my zombie nails. 

I starting with cutting jaggered rough edges into my tips, then I used OPI Don't Pretzel my Buttons as the base. Using a nail art brush I painted on various lines and shading using Ulta3 Chocolate Cake.  The red is Ulta3 Firetruck and finished with a layer of Essie Matte About You. 

The matte top coat dried a little strange with some white dots, but for this mani I didn't mind at all, just it just ended up looking like some funky nail fungus or something.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, no these are not my real nails - these are falsies that I stuck on.

First up - grabbing my victims arm!


I love how creepy this shot is.  My lovely mum took on the role of victim for me, but I feel my fingers are posed a little too pretty. So it's not a scary zombie 'grab you' kind of feel, it's more of a creepy cold zombie hand touching you vibe!

Lastly - I just love these photos.  I never ever thought I would pose my nails with a raw piece of meat as my prop, but it just works so well.  Never say never ladies.
I'm really loving doing this Halloween Challenge, I love having something to inspire me each few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment